Sunday, November 10, 2013

Flailing About in XML

Good evening!

I haven't any maps or textual graphs to show for now, but I've spent a sizable portion of this weekend working out how to do XML properly with the Free CSS templates that were shown in class last Odin's Day.  To help anyone who is unclear on just about anything regarding XHTML, here are a few links:

This is File Zilla

Here is Notepad++

Here is a YouTube link to what has saved me a bunch of time with many great short videos about how to set up your websites, especially with multiple pages...which I thought I found figure out on my own.  And didn't.

Combine these three things and there should be no trouble uploading anything for our projects!

One of the most salient things about using websites is how one can navigate them in a different manner than left to right, top to bottom.  The notion of sideways movement will have to come in in a big way for what I'm doing.  Much of the context of De Bello Gallico is outside of what I'm looking at, so there will be many clear links to relevant informational pages.  Luckily, Wikipedia's Classics stuff is superlative.

Valete,

Dominic Martyne

P.S.

Hagfish


No comments:

Post a Comment