Wednesday, November 13, 2013

LAUNCH

O Di, the mistakes I have made in coding.

I tried the methods shown in class, but there was something wrong.

I attempted to use only Notepad with File Zilla, but something was wrong.

Yet, as always, the internet has saved me.  I have not been able to upload much to the website as of yet, but it is bloody functional, and I'm happy for it!

http://dmmartyne.iweb.bsu.edu/

Now that I have the form down, the graphs put in, I need to plug in my text and references, which is much, much simpler.  However, the internet is meant for quick browsing, for looking at something side-to-side than left-to-right, top-to-bottom.  I've played with hyperlinks a little so far with references to Wikipedia and the Internet Classics Archive, and what I plan to do is to have clear links at the first mention of a particular tribe which leads to the relevant Wikipedia page about who they were, allowing for a quicker glance, and non-linear progression on the website.

The libri are all on the left, so one could go into any book to see the textual graph of Caesar first, followed by some contextualization, then down farther to the more technical aspects of how Caesar acted with the Gauls and Germans.


No comments:

Post a Comment